Trinity Baptist Church Family Ministry exists to equip, encourage, and challenge families and the church community in raising up generations of passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
Family Ministry Core Values:
- Gospel Focus: Jesus and the cross must come to have first place in everything, including family life and all aspects of church ministry. (Col 1:18)
- Primary Faith Influencers: God has called parents to be the primary faith influencers of their children. Biblically, the primary role of leading the home rests on the father. Where there is no male spiritual leadership, the mother should assume this role. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; Psalm 78; Ephesians 6:4; 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12; Malachi 2:15; 4:6)
- Intentional Compassion: The Church must have a compassionate heart and an intentional plan to minister to the children that are lacking a Christian influence at home. (James 1:27)
- Family Equipping: God has called the church to equip parents to lead their families spiritually. (Ephesians 4:11-16; Acts 2:42-47)
- Word of God: The Bible is our authority for all of life and will be central in our family ministry. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Mission: What God has given to us through salvation, we are to proclaim to all people, seeking to bring them into the family of God. Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:19-20
- Aligning: By combining the children’s and student ministries under the umbrella of Family Ministry, we are striving to develop one strategic, intentional plan that is cohesive and consistent from birth through graduation.
- Intergenerational Interaction: When God’s Kingdom is present, generations are brought together, not separated. We will seek to create opportunities where the various generations can worship and serve together.
- Excellence: We will seek to glorify God by being excellent in everything that we do. (Colossians 4:2-6, 1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Creativity/Fun: We believe that the Christian life is one of joy and that our God is a creative God; therefore, we will seek to reflect His character by being both fun and creative in all of our endeavors.